Wednesday 25 January 2012

The Bachelor...A 2 hour Escape from my life...?


I’m not sure how many viewers The Bachelor brings in each year however I know that each season I swear up and down that I won’t be one of them!... Again...and as you can guess this year I am back in front of my TV (during nap time...I can’t stay up that late anymore) wondering  who’s  gonna “win” the bachelor.
First off the idea of the show is completely ridiculous to me. A group of supposedly “smart” woman put their lives on hold to fall in love, on their first ever date with a man they have never met so at the end of the 3 months or so they can give up their lives and move away for a happily ever after marriage that I am sure will last forever.(Right?)
The whole idea behind getting to go away and share your days with a group of women sitting around talking about your feelings (gag) for the same man after going on what is obviously a “down to earth date” (as Ben said on the last episode, after picking a woman up in a helicopter and flying her away for a picnic in the middle of nowhere) over wine...is definitely my idea of a good time. To top it off, everyone on the show seems to be  unemployed for the duration...with no day to day hassles from the real world (i.e.: bills, family, work ,ect) and gets to travel to exotic locations, and have once in a lifetime (as they say each episode) experiences.  I could fall in love with that for sure! Who needs the Bachelor?
I think a good show would be The Bachelor...Times are Tough Edition. Why not see if all these same women would come out for this show. I think we should put them in a cramped apartment, and have them do low income dates...let’s have Ben in a crappy house with a kid or two and see how they deal with that. Then they could add some unexpected bills into the mix let’s say the purchase of a new roof...to spice things up. Now if you could get through a few months of that you can “win” the Bachelor.  They could even make a “reality” version where the bachelor would have to date old school/ find a girl in a bar/ or on Lava Life.  Now that would be “reality TV”.  As opposed to flying all over the fucking place.
Until then though I will continue watching the show and wasting 2 hours of my life each week shaking my head. Please don’t judge J

No comments:

Post a Comment