Wednesday 15 February 2012

I am not Martha Stewart

It has been brought to my attention recently that I AM NOT MARTHA STEWART! Who knew...after all I love cooking and am amazing at it ( in my head, in real life I am forever burning things as I feel they should cook quicker) I love house cleaning...I say this as I can see the laundry pilling up and all I can think of is buying some new clothes so I can put it off a while longer. And my crafting skills...well let me tell you are ...getting there. This is true I love Scrapbooking and card making though have not found the time or motivation to do it, as I am too busy bitching about how The Bachelor has still not gotten rid of Courtney’s sorry ass, and reading the  People I want to Punch in the Throat blog. Legitimate reasons if you’re asking me.
This being said my family was in town last week to “help” as I have been feeling under the weather for quite some time.  Last week we lived off of frozen pizza’s (I buy them in bulk. OMG I love Costco!) and other frozen entrees. I am sure the whole family was impressed by my skills in the kitchen as one by one I attempted to burn our meals, and my new home to the ground.  My Foster daughter so politely mentioned that she did not live with Martha Stewart. I am hoping it has not taken her this long to figure this out...but for anyone who didn’t know the secret is out. I AM NOT MARTHA STEWART.  My grandmother who was here pointed out that I still have a sign in my room back home (hand made by myself I might add) that says exactly that J
To be honest I don’t know how people who work find the time to prepare a healthy homemade meal each evening. I for one am exhausted and just want to eat cake. Who doesn’t love cake? Did I mention I can bake? This is a true story I love baking, everything I bake is rich and wonderful and my waist hates me for it. So I stay out of the kitchen as much as possible after work, and clean on the weekends. (Well I have every intention of cleaning on the weekends, but there is just sooo much to catch up on, on my PVR)
In short for those of you who thought I was the next best thing...I am. I am just not Martha Stewart.

No comments:

Post a Comment