Wednesday 14 March 2012

Ellen's Dance Dares

I spoke with my daughter and we decided it would be an awesome idea to participate in Ellen’s Dance Dare. I love Ellen soooo much. I have been trying to be on that show forever! So I thought this might be the way to do it.

Once we decided we would start dance daring people, we had to come up with places to do it. I had to bring my daughter to Doc Braces and we agreed this would be a good place to start. I waited until the perfect moment when the orthodontics assistant was getting the impression for the retainer and then I went in for the kill. It felt like forever and I thought I was rocking it! As it turns out I was not! The video is ridiculous...I am ridiculous! After it was done I asked the dental assistant if she watched Ellen. She said she did sometimes. I then asked if she knew what the Ellen Dance Dare was, she did not but felt like since I brought it up, I should follow through  with an explanation. I said that it’s when you dance up on someone in secret. She laughed and asked if I was going to do that to her, to which I replied already did J As we were at the reception getting ready to leave my daughter noticed that Jesse J was there ( the K 94.5  FM radio host) and told me to dance behind her. I was nervous as everyone in the waiting room could see me except for her. I did it!  There was a bit of laughter. Jesse J did not catch me...but did look annoyed. I kind of wonder what she thought I was doing behind her haha. After that I took my daughter to Michaels Craft store where she did some dance dares and then the mall. Where we both got in on the dance action.

The thing that I really took from this experience though is how much my moves resemble Monica’s from FRIENDS..this is not good! I mean I knew I wasn’t great at busting a move but...man...I’m pitiful at TRYING to bust a move! Not cool.

Anyway we had to go back to Doc Braces that evening to pick up the new retainer (quick work guys) and my daughter decided it was her time to shine...however every time she tried to get her dance on behind the new (to us) orthodontic assistant she kept turning around. I knew something was up, so when we got in her office I said “You know!” She did, and at that moment she started laughing and our assistant from earlier stepped in and said she told her. I asked who else she has told and the answer as you can guess was everyone!  She said she thought it was sooo funny that I danced behind her while she was stirring up the impression mixture and she hadn’t noticed. I started to laugh as well, because that’s not when it happened. She was stunned and asked that I post the video on the DocBraces website. I did and there has been a happy response from the assistants and the Doc’s there. Turns out they have even discussed my moves in their meeting. Dear God! I really now wish I had though this through, maybe practiced my moves a little so that when the Dr. Comments and thanks me for sharing “my secret moves” I don’t cringe. Too Late!

1 comment:

  1. I desperately need to see this video! You should post a link directly on this blog! xoxo

    ReplyDelete